Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yep, I went! And spreading the love of painting too!

Yeah, I went. Here's the brother, sister-in-law, and one adorable niece painting away! My bro and his wife are great parents, realizing that participating with the kids, whether they are into it or busy or not, is so very important. Like me, my brother grew up accepting he had little/no artistic talent and, as a fellow left-hander (with even worse handwriting), is not comfortable with a pen, much less paintbrushes. Les, my sister-in-law, is another story and I can see her getting into this with the girls. It helps that she already had an artistic bent, designing and selling gorgeous jewelry to local folks. And even more helpful, she is committed to introducing the girls to as many artistic endeavors as possible to develop them as individuals.

Painting with the (older) girls is a blast and both are very enthusiastic about it and about learning. I brought them a few good basic paintbrushes to use, and a set of pan paints, watercolor paper (140 wt), and three duct-tape covered boards that I've trained them to tape the paper to to produce watercolors that dry flat and with attractive borders.

No comments: