Friday, February 12, 2010

Dragon Theater - Getting there.

So, as I wrote previously, I've decided to tackle this gorgeous converted church in northeastern Wales called the Dragon Theater. It looks a little different today, but my version is from a photo I took while visiting my hubby's mom's family there in 1995. I absolutely fell in love with it - the town, region, and especially that church/theater.

The stained glass window is what caught my eye and I think I've nailed it here, or at least come close. I'm not sure about the rest of it - the village building surrounding it are my interpretation, and the stone wall had cars parked there which I've discarded. It definitely needs some punching up but I know I'm gonna love the end result, no matter what because of the memories it evokes.

No comments: