Friday, November 5, 2010

A sweet remake and more eye problems


I don't know if it's reading and surfing the IPhone when I can't sleep (which is unfortunately often these days), or because of the increased painting and focusing on detail work I've been doing, but I need to get back to doing my eye exercises more as I can tell they are starting to become "wonky" once again.  It's a really subtle thing, kind of like when your eyes want to stare off in one direction without your control. 

On another note, I had a bit of a smackdown the other day when I brought my remaining paintings to the second hair salon in my hometown here.  I found some of my best unframed watercolors and matted and framed them, left them off for the owner's consideration, but she returned them all, asking where the fun bright other paintings (acrylic on canvas) I'd done that were displayed on my notecards, etc.  I explained about having another show in Nashville, and, tail between my legs, left her salon with my bin of framed watercolors and a pleasant but firm request not to return unless I had some of those fab, fun, bright paintings to hang.  I can understand her rejection and in an odd way, took it as a complement that my other stuff IS desired there and that she was paying attention! 

As Rumi said:  "Burdens are the foundations of ease and bitter things the forerunners of pleasure."

So I went home and reworked a canvas that I'm ashamed to say I rushed through and hung at the Mad Platter show in May.  It's shown above, after most tweakage was completed.  I did a few things after, but not much.

No comments: