Monday, November 1, 2010

Crazy Busy! Two installations tomorrow and more!

Out of the blue about six weeks ago, my sister-in-law (she of the golden voice, brilliant lyrics, and luscious music, grammy-nominated Gretchen Peters) mentioned me to her hair and makeup girl, Paige Simmons, who has her salon in the old Tennessee Art League building on Poston near Centennial Park in Nashville.  Its a lovely old Craftsman style home that's been converted.  It has wonderful light, and great style since Paige and her mother did all the furniture, etc.

Anyhoo...  Paige does hair and makeup for a lot of Nashville's big names (well, for instance, Gretchen!) and she shows and sells art there too of several artists, including Kirk Seufert and others whose names I was too excited to capture because ... I'll be hanging my stuff there as well, come Tuesday.  Was there Saturday scoping the place out and another major singer walked in to have her hair done.  I was cool about it and the two fellow artists with me didn't even recognize her at all!  But Kirk's work is just gorgeous and I'm honored to have mine showing along with his at the same space.

The other installation is another upscale hair salon in Smyrna where I live called the Hair Doctor.  It was a spur of the moment thing months ago when I offered to hang some of my work in their lovely but bare-walled space.  Well, it's approaching Christmas time and I have a lot of paintings, so I know I can spruce up their walls, hopefully sell some as gifts, and earn some cash for our upcoming trip to the U.K. 

Then there are a pair of group shows I'm participating in starting Friday.  Centennial Arts Center Gallery is having its annual holiday show running from Friday through Dec. 14, with the opening Friday night.  Hubby David's even coming with me and a bunch of us are going out after for dinner at a great Italian place that is Lucilla approved (so it must be great)...

The last is at Springhouse Gallery in Smyrna.  It's a one night gala fundraiser show being held Nov. 19 but we submit Friday night or Saturday and I'm not sure I'll have energy/work to submit... We'll see.

For now, I'm just painting away!  The three paintings posted here were started recently and aren't finished, but close... the Nashville Skyline one is like the other Nashville Skyline I, did but the star of this show, no pun intended, is the night sky rather than the lights of the buildings...

No comments: