Friday, March 26, 2010

So much canvas, so little time!

I met with the restaurant owner of The Mad Platter who'll be hosting my show starting April 17 in Nashville and got the 411.

The space, which I've seen in quick run throughs with the Germantown Christmas Carolers (yeah, do that for the afterparty) each December, is adorable. Brick back wall will be a great location for some statement making grand pieces, butter-colored walls and a space to hang larger pieces to separate the restaurant from the service area will provide more great backdrops, as will the large 16-ish foot bookcase near the entrance (for smaller works).

Fortunate, I paint very quickly and expect I can get a lot accomplished to put up there.

The best news is, they will be hosting my paintings for 8 to 10 weeks! That means, I have an opportunity to work on more and replenish if and hopefully when other pieces sell. The current artist has pieces priced at $60 for 12 x 12s and $800 for large 4 x 6's. Yeah, I can get into this!

I'm hoping to fly my bff Bindy down for the reception the restaurant is hosting for me during the show. The date is tbd, but we covered the basics of it last night.

So, anyone in coming to or in the Nashville area from mid-April to late May come by The Mad Platter and check out my stuff. Tell them Moesse sent you!

1 comment:

Maura Satchell said...

Oh, and Artists Supply Warehouse, http://www.aswexpress.com has a great sale on canvas. It ends today though, so hurry in there!