Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mindful that we all have our own "higher being"

Yesterday morning, I attended a private counseling session to figure out the best path forward on various issues.  It was eye-opening but for the purpose of anonymity, I can't go into great details just yet.  I have to realize though, it's not up to me to fix all things.

In that session, even before exploring options and paths forward, the counselor noted that mistakes are and will be made.  "Recoverable" ones are those that a loved one can make that present a chance to move forward in the end.  "Non-recoverable" ones are those that can cause permanent harm - either physical, mental, or societal.   Time will tell where this leads and I have to summon the courage to allow it to play out, recognizing we all have our own higher beings.

Thankfully, I have painting class today and look forward to immersing myself in it.

No comments: