Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where everyone knows your name!

Or, at the very least, your beloved, 90-year-old painting teacher...  Tuesday the Art Center offered a "freebie" class session, just to ensure we shake off the cobwebs and flex our right-bring, etc. etc.

It was great to see those who made it in, and we of course shared our flood experiences.  But the day held special significance for me since it was the very first time Hazel remembered my name.  Bear in mind, she's 90, has taught hundreds of folks through the years.  I was deeply flattered that I was important enough for her to take the time to know my name, as used as I was to "you there!" and "that girl" and such from sessions past.

And even more flattering was the acknowledgment by her that I really "have something!"  As I said, she's mentored many incredible talents over the years.  I am not confident enough to believe I have really reached their level.  Rather, I think she was pleased to see the revised flyer I gave her promoting my show which included digital thumbnails of several of my paintings.   Between you and me, I think the digital reproductions can be far more attractive than the real image, especially when tweaked in Photoshop...  but I'll take her praise all the same. 

1 comment:

Laney W. Ewing said...

Hazel King, right? I took from her years ago but moved away. Tell her Laney says hi, pls for me?