Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My first plein air efforts!



Well, to be able to paint "en plein air" is something probably most artists hope to achieve at some point in their lives. Some are more fortunate and get to do this on a daily basis. Today was my first effort in this and it was lovely in what I was able to experience, but the set up and all that proved ... cumbersome to say the least. And trying to paint in sand? Not so much! Even though I had a great blanket spread out and the painting box with easel. The problem arose because we'd brought Smokey and, well, let's just say dogs, sand, and watercolor painting do not mix...

When I got back to our rental home and looked at them after they dried, I am afraid I ruined them with the dark markers I used to liven up the color of the grasses. Too heavy handed, me thinks.

No comments: